Friday, January 23, 2015

Rebus

A rebus is an allusional device that uses pictures to represent words or parts of words. It was a favorite form of heraldic expression used in the Middle Ages to denote surnames.



The rebus says "I'll back back".
The eye represents "I" and you'll add the "L" to make "I'll".
The bee makes the same sound the word "be" makes.
And the last image is pointing at a back to finish off the sentence. 
The rebus says "belief".
The bee represents "be" in the word,
and the leaf makes the same sound as "leif". 



The rebus says "Can you see well?".
The word can and a can make the same sound.
The "u" makes the same sound as "you".
"C" makes the same sound as "see".
A well and well make the same sound.

The rebus says "I love you".
The eye presents "I",
the heart represents love,
and "U" makes the same sound as "you".
My Dear Child,
I received your letter of Tuesday and am glad
you got home well. I have sent the length of
before Lotty. I am glad to hear the fool gotten so well,
give my fool love to.
Your old loving of a fool Father, Oscar Byer. 

No comments:

Post a Comment